SVA DHARMA Advanced Yoga Studies Self Transformation Course
First Tier begins Oct 2018 @ Main Street Yoga
This multifaceted program is designed for those dedicated practitioners and teachers of yoga looking to deepen their knowledge of the philosophical source of yoga and its application through practice to advance growth and accelerate personal evolution. Through theory and practice, we will explore the teachings of Yoga, Tantra, and Ayurveda in a cohesive and comprehensive manner to approach yoga’s potential and vast reach in our lives. We will create a supportive opportunity for healing, growth, self-discovery, and self-empowerment as we build on the knowledge and accrued effects of systematic practice. Experience a complete approach to yoga that honors its tradition as an ancient spiritual system coupled with a relevant and authentic application into the life of a modern day practitioner. This will be a journey of dedication, discipline, discovery and unparalleled transformation. This is open to sincere seekers, teachers looking for fresh insight and more in-depth knowledge, and those who have considered yoga teacher training but have no interest in being teachers themselves. Please note this course will include the practice and refinement of asana, but is more focused on exploring yoga practice beyond asana; namely meditation, pranayama (breathwork), self inquiry, kriya, mantra, bandhas, mudras, self inquiry, and sankalpa shakti (intention born of the heart and the power of manifestation). Requisites are a dedicated yoga practice of one year or more and the desire to awaken the potential for a life filled with clarity, drive, purpose, and freedom.
The Program consists of three 3 month tiers, which can be taken individually or collectively for a nine month program. Within each tier we have:
- Weekly yoga classes on Thursdays at Main Street Yoga from 6:00-8:00pm.
- Three monthly intensives on Saturdays from 1-5:00pm at Main Street Yoga including lecture, group discussion, and practice.
- One private session to evaluate circumstances, needs, and goals to design an individualized yoga and meditation practice to support growth.
- Supplemental readings, audio and video recorded practices, and home practice to provide support and sustain progress.
The Curriculum is Divided into Three Tiers:
MOON TIER- Chandra Sadhana: Understanding HA/THA YOGA, the Nature of Mind, the Power of Meditation, and the Healing Potential of Practice
Weekly Classes on Thursdays 6-8pm Oct 11- Dec 20th 2019
Monthly Saturday Intensives from 1-5pm on Oct 13, Nov 10, & Dec 8
- Utilizing the YOGA SUTRAS, we will unpack the wisdom of Patanjali’s revered text, looking specifically at the nature of mind, the roots of our misperceptions and misunderstandings, and the power of meditation to free us from patterns of thinking/believing/acting that contribute to our suffering, and ultimately enables us to perceive our essential nature.
- An emphasis on the “Tha” component of Hatha yoga- or moon practices. The way of approaching yoga practice and asana to create healing, grounding, stillness, stability, and self reflection in the body and mind. This is key as a foundation in yoga and to evolving the practice, enabling us to take responsibility for our own lives, understand the source of our imbalances, to ultimately become a better “container” for prana (vital life force), and to be sufficiently prepared for awakening the fire of transformation.
- A dedicated 30 day meditation practice done at home
- Detailed and thorough practices of Yoga Nidra, as well as background of this seminal practice and its healing potential. Yoga Nidra recordings are provided.
- Understanding the Nature of Suffering: Avidya as the sum of our ignorance, misperceptions, and unconscious conditionings and Dukkha as the perpetuation of suffering through thoughts and actions stemming from Avidya.
SUN TIER- Surya Sadhana: PRANA, the Study of Effective Energy Management, the Subtle Body, and the Intersection of Ayurveda
Weekly Classes on Thursdays 6-8pm Jan 17- March 28 2019
Monthly Saturday intensives from 1-5pm Jan 19 & March 19 (Feb is virtual with study aids)
- Understanding Prana (Vital Life Force): Exploring through theory and practice our energetic make up and the practices that link us to prana to awaken vitality, innate intelligence, wisdom, healing, and power.
- What is Tantra: Tapping into the technology of accelerating our growth through strengthening the mind (focus and discernment) and effective energy management (cultivating, containing, and directing prana)
- Ayurveda as a science of longevity and self healing: Understanding the doshas (vata, pitta, kapha), the gunas (tamas, rajas, and sattwa), and recognizing their influence in our experience of ease or dis-ease.
- Dedicated 30 day meditation practice to support the experience of sun practice integration
- Exploring the chakras and their relationship to personal evolution
- Working from David Frawley’s book “Yoga and Ayurveda”
FIRE TIER- Agni Sadhana: Transcending Limitations and the Yoga of Transformation, Resting in the Abode of Self
Weekly Classes on Thursdays from 6-8pm April 11- May 30
Monthly Saturday Intensives from 1-5pm on April 13th and June 1st,
Included is the Four Desires Weekend workshop weekend Fri evening May 3rd- Sunday May 5th
- Understanding Agni, the inner fire, as the ultimate aim of yoga practice and practices that give us access to this force as an agent for awakening clear perception and transformation.
- Uncovering Dharma: Uncovering your own life purpose and weeding out the obstacles to an extraordinary life.
- Understanding Kundalini: The power of soul and the techniques to harnessing your personal evolution. We will also speak about doing this in a progressive manner, expanding safely.
- Dedicated 30 day practice that emphasizes Kriya Yoga Meditations.
- The Four Desires Weekend Workshop. Experience a weekend long exploration of the four innate desires of the soul as keys to fulfillment. We all seek happiness, meaning, quality relationship, and freedom- how do we get there? We will be uncovering this life changing process through writing, group discussion, yoga, and meditation. Friday 5:30-8:00pm, Saturday 9:30am – 5pm, and Sunday 9:30am – 4pm.
Registration and Payment Details:
Cost for the moon and sun tier each is $650 each, the fire tier is $750 and includes the full 4 Desires weekend series. You can sign up for the entire course for $1800, a savings of $250 overall. Payment Plans are available. You will walk away with tools to use for a lifetime, including recordings, video practices, and a course manual. To reserve your space, please contact me with your intent and experience level by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone, 608-957-3327. Once approved, a $100 deposit reserves your space to be applied to tuition cost. Payment can be made by Paypal or by sending check. I look forward to sharing this unique journey with you!